Monday, September 29, 2008

Books I'm reading

Boys Adrift--I will be writing a book review on this very soon. This is an incredible book. Very revealing on what is happening to men currently or what they are allowing to happen to them.

A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity--I had to get this memoir from Bill O'Reilly. I have never read one of his books, but I thought this would be very interesting to find out how he became the bull-dozer he is. My wife and I watch him sometimes and laugh, glean, become inspired, and chuckle all at the same time.

Pagan Christianity--As I am reading this book, my brain is being engulfed with a myriad of thoughts from my training at college, training since college, and this book. I will be writing a book review on this in the next couple of weeks, but am quite perplexed at this book. Although well documented with a legion of footnotes, the premise of this book is trying to shift the state of the church by letting the church know that almost everything they are doing is WRONG. We shall see once I am finished.

Simple Church--This was quite the famous book in the last couple of years and I have just started to read this.

1 comment:

Jilliefl1 said...

Since you're reading "Pagan Christianity?", thought you might be interested to know that the sequel to “Pagan" is out now. It’s called “Reimagining Church”. It picks up where “Pagan Christianity” left off and continues the conversation. (“Pagan Christianity” was never meant to be a stand alone book; it’s part one of the conversation.) “Reimagining Church” is endorsed by Leonard Sweet, Shane Claiborne, Alan Hirsch, and many others. You can read a sample chapter at
http://www.ReimaginingChurch.org
It’s also available on Amazon.com. Frank is also blogging now at http://www.frankviola.wordpress.com.