Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Curriculum Review

As a Youth Pastor I have read and gone through several youth ministry books and curriculums. I have enjoyed many of them. One that has really challenged me to plan and prepare for the youth ministry that I am part of is the Double Vision Curriculum. This course is written by Ron Luce and chronicles the systems he has used to run the ministry of Teen Mania. He uses his example as an outline for every youth pastor to use as far as the nuts and bolts of running their youth ministry.
The book has so many practical ideas and gives many templates for you to write out your own objectives, goals, strategies, and measures. I went through the curriculum almost 3 years ago, and I really need to go through it again to hone what my ministry is about and what God really wants to do through it. I would encourage you to check it out. It is a valuable resource.


No comments: