Monday, October 27, 2008

Penn State vs. Michigan


Two weeks ago I flew up to Penn State College to watch the Michigan Wolverines vs. the Penn State Nittany Lions. My wife's father played for Penn State, so I try to fly up and watch one game a year. Zach and I had a great time at the game. The only thing that got us down was Michigan’s loss. Penn State demolished Michigan 36-17.

As I was sitting next to my son Zach, I started looking at the 108,000 people at the game. As I surveyed the wide variety of individuals there, I began to wonder what kind of relationships they had with their sons. I will continue to cultivate the relationship I have with my son at a deep level, football being one of the ways I’ll do that. I enjoyed being at that game with my son, but enjoyed tucking Zach in bed last even more. Here is how it went:

Me: Zach, what do you want to pray about tonight?
Zach: Ummm? Well, I want you to pray that I will not struggle with fear. But, if I do, I want you to pray that I will push through that fear and that Jesus will be waiting for me on the other side of fear smiling at me.
Zach: What about you daddy?
Me: Zach, you can pray that daddy will be the best husband to mommy.
Zach: Ok, daddy. Can you pray first?

Penn State vs. Michigan - Priceless.

Praying with my Son - Legendary in my mind.

No comments: